Quick overview: Overall, Genius Mushrooms is a good lion’s mane supplement and mushroom stack for cognition, but Lion’s mane and other mushrooms work best when taken in combination with other nootropic ingredients like Phosphatidylserine, Bacopa monnieri etc. for full, comprehensive cognition benefits like memory enhancement, focus, mental energy etc. Genius Mushrooms also appears to be more expensive per serving than several other mushrooms’ supplements for memory & cognition available in the marketplace. Currently Mind Lab Pro (best lion’s mane mushroom supplement) and Brain Pill (best Bacopa monnieri supplement) seem to be leading the race of best cognition enhancement supplements.
Checkout full list of best cognitive enhancers & top rated mushroom stacks for memory & cognitive benefits. (Genius Mushrooms currently ranks #9 ).
Mushrooms have always been studied for their therapeutic attributes & health benefits, and a growing number of health products companies nowadays employ diverse mushroom extracts in their supplements. One of the better-known supplements is Genius Mushrooms, made by The Genius Brand which is promoted as an effective herbal brain performance enhancement supplement engineered to offer three organic mushrooms that enhance mental clearness, assist immune function, and provide more energy.
- Genius Mushrooms is a mixture of 3 different kinds of medicinal mushrooms from The Genius Brand – Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, and Reishi.
- The mushrooms in Genius Mushrooms have been proven scientifically to boost immunity, cognition, energy, motivation, and physical performance.
- The mushrooms in Genius Mushrooms are analytically examined for beta-glucan content and are confirmed to contain at least 15% beta-glucans.
- This is all organic, non-GMO mushroom supplement and grown in the USA.
- Genius Mushrooms is currently exclusively for sale in capsule form.
Genius Mushrooms Ingredients
- Organic Cordyceps militaris and sinensis (Mycelium) 500 mg
- Organic Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) (fruit body) 500 mg
- Organic Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) (fruit body) 500 mg
Other inactive ingredients include hypromellose (vegetable capsule) and ascorbyl palmitate.
Pros & Cons of Genius Mushrooms
- Fairly enhances brain and body health
- Vegan product
- Can be stacked with various other health supplements
- Certain ingredients may have major side effects like allergic reaction to some people
- No free shipping
- Not available worldwide
- Better mushrooms/lions’ mane based supplements are available in the market
More information regarding individual ingredients in Genius Mushrooms
The Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) is a fungus usually found in diverse hot and damp Asian regions. For years, this mushroom was a staple in Eastern remedies.
This mushroom is less popular than other mushroom supplements like Lion’s Mane.
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is sometimes referred to as “the mushroom of immortality.” It is recognized for its assistance of the immune system and its capacity to better sleep quality and eliminate stress by supporting calmness via GABAergic effects. It is a powerful immunomodulator and its anti-cancer properties are well researched.
One study looked at its influences in 132 people with neurasthenia, a poorly defined ailment associated with dizziness, headaches, aches, pains, and irritability and its positive effects on improving fatigue was noticed.
It acts an an antioxidant and additionally supports inflammation, decreases anxiety and depressive disorder, inhibits Cancer and can be a good choice for those with sleeping problems, supports gut health, advantageous in alleviating symptoms due to allergies.
Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) energizes Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) production, which may help with neural reconstruction and myelin nerve sheath synthesis helping new learning, concepts, thoughts and memories, in conjunction with providing sturdy brain cells duplication. It is neuroprotective, and is researched very well for its possible usefulness in fighting ADHD as well as neurodegenerative health conditions like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It’s also a good supplement to take along with getting prescription medications like Adderall.
It may help lower mild symptoms of depression and anxiety, may well control dementia, lowers heart disease risk, can assist in fighting cancer, lowers inflammation and can enhance the body’s defense mechanisms.
Cordyceps enhances oxygen capacity and oxygen use, thus enhancing cardiovascular system & functions, enhancing workouts capacity, supercharging energy, and limiting fatigue. It also seems to upregulate the dopaminergic system via strengthening tyrosine hydroxylase expression.
Cordyceps are believed to improve the body’s manufacturing of the molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP), essential for providing energy to the muscular tissue. This optimizes the oxygen’s use by the body, especially during exercise.
Cordyceps may also help aged people by boosting their vigor and adrenaline and limiting fatigue. Experts explain these anti-aging benefits are linked to the antioxidant content.
Quite a few reports observe that Cordyceps elevates antioxidants in aged mice, offering mental performance. Antioxidants are substances that prevent cell damage by neutralizing free radicals (which can often cause disease and aging).
Genius Mushroom user reviews: What do people say about Genius Mushrooms?
I began taking Genius Mushrooms upon suggestion from my physician to overcome some of the adverse reactions as I am a recovering alcoholic. After using these as instructed for only 7 days it seemed like the “mental fog” began to recede and I was a lot more focused, my memory didn’t feel so loose and I was feeling closer to being me just as before. These have been a great aid in the road to recovery and have made a significant and noticeable impact that I wouldn’t have guessed was possible from anything that didn’t require a prescription.
This mushroom supplement is pretty wonderful and so far, I’m a fan of The Genius Brand. Moreover with this product, I also most recently tried Genius Sleep Aid and would give that one 4/5 stars. This product is made up of 3 of some of the most known medicinal mushrooms that are out there: Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps and Reishi. Personally i think the product has made it easier for me to adjust to stress (like how an adaptogen feels), provides me more energy (but not like in a stimulant like way, like caffeine), and has also improved my cognition and focus, especially when it comes to things like college work. I also have anxiety disorders – predominantly social anxiety and OCD and I feel like the supplement has undoubtedly calmed these issues down and helped me work through them lately for sure.
I have 45 pills left of my first order and so far I do not really notice any real difference. I feel pretty much the same, my memory seems the same and I do not think I am learning/retaining new information any better than I usually do. It may be too soon to tell though. I am not sure how long it takes to build up in your system before you see results.
Have been taking lions main for a while now. I didn’t find this product to be exceptional, especially for the price. I will get individual supplements for each mushroom in the future.
Genius Mushroom claimed benefits
- Improved resiliency;
- Sustains healthy blood pressure;
- Better focus & concentration;
- Increased memory and focus;
- Energized mind;
- Mental clarity;
- Caffeine-free energy supplement;
- May help improve oxygenation, mainly when working out.
Genius Mushroom Side effects
Some Genius Mushrooms side effects may include:
- Loss of appetite
This herbal supplement is made up of three mushroom extracts. Available research & anecdotal evidence shows that herbal extracts usually tend to induce uncomfortable side effects and may have interactions with specific prescriptions when regularly utilized for more than 30 days.
Genius Mushrooms Price
- CVS Pharmacy – $24.99
Manskape Genius Mushroom, 90 ct | CVS – $5.49 shipping
- The Vitamin Shoppe – $22.99
The Genius Brand – Genius Mushrooms Organic Mushroom Complex (90 Vegetable Capsules) – Immune Support Mushrooms , $5.99 shipping, 10% off Auto-Deliveries More
- eBay – $16.50
Genius Mushroom Immune System Booster & Nootropic Brain 90 Capsules, $3.76 shipping
- com – $33.14
Genius mushroom lion’s mane, cordyceps and reishi immune system booster & nootropic brain supplement wellness formula for natural energy, stress relief
- com – $21.99
Genius Mushrooms, as the brand name implies, is predominantly aimed at cognition, and less on boosting immunity as with other mushroom supplements. Guaranteed, you’ll get a bit of immunity enhancing from the Reishi, but the product is principally aimed toward cognitive effects as compared to other mushroom blends like Thrive 6, 5 Defenders, and Sacred 7. Genius Mushrooms also looks higher priced per serving than other mushroom blends in the market. Also, there seem to be better cognitive enhancers in the market like Mind Lab Pro, Brain Pill etc.
- Geng P, Siu K, Wang Z, Wu J. Antifatigue Functions and Mechanisms of Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9648496. doi:10.1155/2017/9648496
- Sanodiya B, Thakur G, Baghel R, Prasad G, Bisen P. Ganoderma lucidum: a potent pharmacological macrofungus. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2009;10(8):717-742. doi:10.2174/138920109789978757
- Cui X, Cui S, Zhang J, et al. Extract of Ganoderma lucidum prolongs sleep time in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;139(3):796-800. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2011.12.020
- Mallard B, Leach D, Wohlmuth H, Tiralongo J. Synergistic immuno-modulatory activity in human macrophages of a medicinal mushroom formulation consisting of Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake. PLoS One. 2019;14(11):e0224740. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0224740
- Zhao R, Chen Q, He Y. The effect of Ganoderma lucidum extract on immunological function and identify its anti-tumor immunostimulatory activity based on the biological network. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):12680. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-30881-0
- Zhang Q, Hu Q, Xie D, et al. Ganoderma lucidum Exerts an Anticancer Effect on Human Osteosarcoma Cells via Suppressing the Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Integr Cancer Ther. 2019;18:1534735419890917. doi:10.1177/1534735419890917
- Suarez-Arroyo I, Rosario-Acevedo R, Aguilar-Perez A, et al. Anti-tumor effects of Ganoderma lucidum (reishi) in inflammatory breast cancer in in vivo and in vitro models. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e57431. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0057431
- Barbieri A, Quagliariello V, Del V, et al. Anticancer and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Ganoderma lucidum Extract Effects on Melanoma and Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Treatment. Nutrients. 2017;9(3). doi:10.3390/nu9030210
- Martínez-Montemayor M, Acevedo R, Otero-Franqui E, Cubano L, Dharmawardhane S. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) inhibits cancer cell growth and expression of key molecules in inflammatory breast cancer. Nutr Cancer. 2011;63(7):1085-1094. doi:10.1080/01635581.2011.601845
- Tsai-Teng T, Chin-Chu C, Li-Ya L, et al. Erinacine A-enriched Hericium erinaceus mycelium ameliorates Alzheimer’s disease-related pathologies in APPswe/PS1dE9 transgenic mice. J Biomed Sci. June 2016. doi:10.1186/s12929-016-0266-z
Mushrooms as a strategy to reduce food insecurity in Colombia
Cuesta, M.-C. and Castro-Ríos, K. (2017), “Mushrooms as a strategy to reduce food insecurity in Colombia”, Nutrition & Food Science, Vol. 47 No. 6, pp. 817-828. https://doi.org/10.1108/NFS-03-2017-0039